• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Why is my poo green?

Status
Not open for further replies.

I<3 tabs

Bluelighter
........um yea, its been like this since last wednesday and should I be worried or what? And could this be from drinking?

of course i have to ask - what have you been eating?
if you have been eating a lot of green stuff then green poo is expected.
if not - if it stays around - it could be symptom of a messed up liver or something - but i have noticed that usually people who have liver problems have yellow or yellowish (bile) very foul smelling poop
djh

I know black licorice can do that. My dad used to feed it to kids as a joke..

i just remembered this: when i was a kid my mom once made green pancakes for st. patrick's day. we all had green shit from them....

also i heard that some of the coloring in kids cereals can turn your poop different colors if you eat enough of it

This is very unlikely, but it happened to me. I had green shit and acid reflux bad and didnt think anything about it, come to find out I had a Gallbladder infection and it was releasing 'Bile' into my lungs and my intestines and shit. I swear if kidney stones hurt as bad as people say they do, this was fuckin close...

^^^ Holy shit that sounds pretty intense!!

I dont have pain or anything, I usually have some toast in the morning, then a multivitamin than some soup or some random shit for lunch I mean my diet hasnt changed significantly for me to suspect its some shit ive been consuming constantly for the past week almost.

I wont drink anymore and see if it stops, the last time I drank before it started was the monday before that

Do you have a lot of fat in your diet? Bile breaks fat down. Too much fat=increased bile production=green/blackish shit.

^ No im a guy but if i do trust me, you'll be the first to know!

everything you've ever wanted to know about shit haha
http://www.smellypoop.com/facts_about_poop.php

Fire_Butt.png

If it was a one time thing, my guess is food coloring. If it keeps coming up (or dropping down) then I would seek professional help

that happens to me when i drink 'red' grape juice, but not red wine.

have you had any grape juice lately?

either there's something wrong with your gallbladder/liver or you have some sort of bacterial infection in your intestines. usually that's what causes "green" poop.

Discolored feces can be a symptom of a serious illness, like gallbladder or liver trouble, as mentioned above.
However, don't run for the doctor yet. I have noticed a very high correlation between green b.m.'s and drinking purple kool-aid.

When I drink a lot of Grape Kool-aid (sorry kids - not a drug) 2 or 3 days later I invariably get green poo. I don't know why - wouldn't purple make more sense? This discoloration doesn't occur with other flavours.

When I drink a lot of Grape Kool-aid (sorry kids - not a drug) 2 or 3 days later I invariably get green poo. I don't know why - wouldn't purple make more sense? This discoloration doesn't occur with other flavours.
Me too. Grape sodas have done it as well. Fluorescent green poo is likely a food coloring issue.

As far as discolored feces white or very light tan is the most worrisome especially if accompanied by jaundice. It can indicate blocked bile ducts, serious liver problems, pancreatitis (usually this involves pain and misery) or gallbladder obstruction.

Black tarry stools are also a sign something could be very wrong as it can be from bleeding in the upper GI tract.

Status
Not open for further replies.